The visit to the eldest sister’s place reminded me of how comforting a proper home cooked meal can be. And so I started the day prepping for a meal that would last me the entire day.
What you’ll need:
- 2 gloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 2 siling labuyo (chili peppers), sliced thinly (optional)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 big can (about a cup) of shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 5 slices of ham, cut into small squares (optional)
- 1 can of whole peeled tomatoes, crushed
- 1/2 cup of cheese (used feta cheese), cut into small cubes (optional)
- butter and (canola) oil
- 2 tbsp br0wn sugar
- salt and pepper
- farfalle (or other types of pasta), cooked based on the package instructions
Preparing the sauce:
- Heat pan for 3-5 minutes. Add oil and butter.
- Saute garlic, onion, siling labuyo, and bell pepper.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add mushrooms and ham. Wait until the mushroom slices turn slightly brown from the heat of the pan. This usually take 7-10 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Add the crushed canned whole tomatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Adjust seasoning to your taste. Add sugar.
- Add cooked farfalle and cheese.
- Mix, serve, and enjoy😀
No one needs this recipe, really. I just needed something to fill this entry with. If you did manage to use it, that’d be great. At least someone benefitted from this.
It’s a rather uneventful day. Stayed at home. I was blessed with a few decent movies on tv. The movie plan we had for the day with the sisters didn’t pan out. I was too lazy to go out anyway.
Opted to start working on the adult coloring book I got from the eldest sister.